Thursday, February 26, 2009

2009 Oil Painters of America- National Juried Exhibition

Time to Myself
30" x 15"
Oil on Canvas
2009 Oil Painters of America- National Juried Exhibition of Traditional Oils, Sage Creek Gallery in Santa Fe, NM
Sold

Well, it started out a rather normal morning; I had my coffee and was checking e-mails. I saw what I thought was the usual show date announcement e-mail from Juried Art Services until I realized in the subject line it had the word “Acceptance”…… I had all but forgotten today was the announcement day for Oil Painters of America.
Then of course all that could be heard was a loud,,,,YYYEEEEESSSSSSSS!

I also managed to get the beginning of my new web page up yesterday, so it is definably shaping up to be a very nice day!!

11 comments:

  1. This painting is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! I love it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Amanda! Well deserved, this is a stunning painting! Bravo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys so much! As Teresa said to me earlier, I am still doing cartwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, YESSS indeed! What a wonderful honor, which you definitely deserve with this fabulous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Vern, I am very happy about the opportunity. I am still blown away by your latest. I keep going back to your blog and looking at it. It is truly a break through. Thanks for sharing the info about your workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This painting is gorgeous. I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, sensitive, moody painting. You captured a solitary moment everyone has felt when contemplating the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congradulations Amanda, great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will you be attending the opening in Santa Fe? I hope to see you there

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work! Congratulations Amanda. Quite an accomplishment to make the cut in this competition. Take a bow!

    ReplyDelete