Friday, March 20, 2009

What a Week in Utah! -- Sold

"Lickety Split"
Oil on Linen
30" x 15"
And I just thought we were going Skiing!!!

What started out to be a week to ski Brighton and Solitude ended up landing me my first Gallery out West. On the off chance I might have an opportunity, I painted “ Lickety Split” on flat linen, rolled it up and stuck it in my suite case with the hope it would not be coming back home with me.

My wish came true and it is currently being framed to hang in Mountain Trails Gallery in Park City Utah. I will also be shipping several other works out there this week!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amanda...your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    This piece has so much movement. I am so happy to see you have so much good coming your way. You have worked hard for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, this is a stunning piece! And I am so happy for you!! So this is what you were doing in Utah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so great, Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT painting, Amanda! It has such a sense of movement to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, this is truly fabulous. It doesn't surprise me in the least that the gallery wanted it. Fantastic work! Congrats.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda this is a marvelous painting. You've absolutely nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I just re-joined Mountain Trails Park City. I wish us both the best of luck!

    And I love the painting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Wonderful painting and wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and your new gallery. I can see why this painting made an impact! Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful painting, and great idea to roll up a painting and take it in your suitcase when you go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful painting, Amanda! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete