Friday, May 3, 2013

The American Society of Marine Artists

“Calabash” 

“Point of View” 


I was accepted into the American Society of Marine Summer 2013 South Regional Exhibition! “Cruising Southern Waters” will be held at the Quinlan Visual Arts Center in Gainesville, Georgia from June 13 to August 17, 2013.  My two paintings that have been accepted include “Calabash” and “Point of View.”
            Growing up in the South, our vacations to the coast were an amazing treat and I tied memories of time with my family to scenes such as the shrimp boat docked in “Calabash.” This 36 inch by 24 inch oil on canvas was inspired by a scene of a shrimp boat I saw on vacation with my husband. I was completely fascinated by the condition of the dock.
            “Point of View,” a 24 inch by 36 inch oil on canvas, was a scene that captured me during an early morning of fishing. I had passed this point on the lake many times, but it never drew my attention until that morning. The sun was glowing through the trees not only enhancing the delicate shape of the trees and bank, but also adding drama to the fog and gentle swells in the water.
                       
               “The American Society of Marine Artists was founded in 1978 by a small group of the country's leading maritime artists. They were looking for mutual support and companionship, to enhance public awareness of the genre, to explore and record the history of American marine art, and to encourage the work of newcomers.”

I am thrilled to have received this honor. 


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Paintings...composition, colours, mood beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely paintings, and congratulations on being accepted - it's well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much, it was a thrill to be in the show.

    ReplyDelete